- Wednesday | July 19, 2023 to Thursday | August 31, 2023
- All Day
Winners were drawn at the 2022 Raffle Tailgate Party on Monday, Sept. 12, 2022 at Village Bowl . Included in this year’s In-House raffle was an autographed LeRoy Butler Packer jersey. The famed defensive back was voted into the NFL Hall of Fame this year.
Craig Linert of Wauwatosa was the Grand Prize winner of the 26th Annual Packer Raffle held September 12 at Village Bowl in the Falls. He chose the Dallas game to attend, a wise selection as Green Bay upset the Mike McCarthy-led Cowboys with Linert and seven others watching from club seats at Lambeau Field.
Second prize of $1,000 went to Keith Songstad of the Falls who had won $250 in last year’s event. Third place money of $600 was earned by Dirk Wildt, husband of member Stevie Mistele-Wildt.
Longtime member Linda Zylka took home $400 for fourth place and members Donna Bosch, Vicki Boelter and Ross Sharkey each earned $250 prizes. Other $250 winners with Optimist connections were Mary Wenzel, mother of member Kim; Tricia Kohl, wife of former president Rick Kohl; and Jess Koehler, wife of Dustin.
Additional $250 winners were K. Brooks, Jim Dieter and Rita Stelpflug of the Falls; Pat String and Betty Rogan of Germantown; Bob Wagner of Sussex; Tyler Baehr of Cedarburg and Mike Jasson of Waukesha. Jason Hemke of Menomonee Falls won a free entry to next year’s contest.
With a net profit of $21,223.07, the club earned more than $20,000 for the 11th consecutive year. But that figure was $925.21 less than projected and $326.64 less than last year due to rising expenses on several fronts.
A word of thanks goes out to all club members who sold or bought tickets and to those helping out the night of the drawing. They include Mary Schlumpf, Meg Latus, Marcia Hebbring, Clara Scheckel, Cathy and Jim Hazzard at the front door; John Yusko, Carol Schulteis, Jenny O’Keefe and Joy Fricke at the ticket-distribution table; in-house raffle tickets sellers, Tim Newman, Shannon Diedrich, Larry Hebbring, Dan Schwind, Tom Ciskoski, Greg Mattson, Tex Reiter and Diane Matuszak. Kudos too to Rog Roger’s State Farm Insurance and Terry Marcou of Schmidt & Bartelt for the printing of tickets and supplying the liquor basket; Town Bank for providings the food and beverage enroute for the winners; Matt Hakes and his Virtual Freight Company for covering the expense of the tailgate party in Green Bay for the winners; and Barry Landowski and Minute Man Press for printing the flyers; A special thanks to Amy and Andrew Manion of Madison who donated the Packer Tickets that were raffled off in-house netting $1,000.
Once again, this event could not have happened without the Team captains – Dan Schwind, Tim Newman, Jerry Mislang, Donna Bosch, Terry Fitzsimmons, Chad DeLuka, Herb Gross, Carl Trapp Sr. Del Kreuser, Tom Ciskoski, Larry Hebbring, Marcia Hebbring, Shannon Diedrich, Debbie and Lenny Kimmel and Mary Schlumpf.
Finally, thanks to longtime member Bob Ehmke, who started this event in 1997. Over the 26 years of its existence, it has raised nearly 1/2 million dollars ($500,000) for the youth of our community!
After 15 years, I am turning over the reins for this event to Tom Ciskoski for next year. Any suggestions for improving the contest can be directed to him or any of the captains listed above
• First prize is a trip for eight people to Lambeau Field to see the Packers play in your choice of nine regular season games. Also included are a luxury limo ride to and from the game, a tailgate party at Lambeau, Packer wearing apparel, food and beverage enroute to Green Bay and $1,000 cash to be used however the winners want. We will provide the limo ride from anywhere in Wisconsin.
• Tickets cost $100 each but remember it’s for eight people. So, four couples could pay $25 each, or eight buddies could chip in $12.50 apiece. However (per state auditor’s directive) only one person’s name can go on the ticket stub.
• Second Prize is $1,000, third prize is $600, fourth prize is $400. Thirteen more awards of $250 will be given and one person will win a free entry for 2022.
• Sales are limited to no more than 350 tickets. Therefore with 18 prizes, contestants have a better than 1 in 20 chance of more than doubling their money,
• Each ticket allows one person to come to the drawing and tailgate party held at Village Bowl. Over $2,000 in door prizes will be given out to those in attendance that night. Others who have contributed to the purchase of a ticket can attend for $10. Free food, beer and soda make it a fun event.
• Please write your name on the back of each ticket you buy/sell as it will help us track down the winners.
Packer Raffle Chair: Ed Schlumpf