- Tuesday | July 13, 2021 to Wednesday | September 1, 2021
- All Day
Packer Raffle Nets $21,000+ again
Despite a significant drop off in attendance at the Village Bowl drawing, the 25th Annual Packer Raffle once again topped the $21,000 mark in earnings, netting a profit of $21,549.71 according to finalized figures. (The number turning out for the drawing is important as it impacts the take from the in-house raffle, the on-site sale of two Packer tickets, and the money collected at the door for extra people attending.)
The final figure fell somewhat short of the projected profit of $22,418.29, but still marked the tenth straight year the event netted more than $20,000.
Appreciation needs to go out to the other captains who undertook the lion’s share of the work to make this event a great success again. They include Tim Newman, Jerry Mislang, Donna Bosch, Dan Schwind, Terry Fitzsimmons, Larry Hebbring, Chad DeLuka, Del Kreuser, Herb Gross, Marcia Hebbring, Carl Trapp Sr., Shannon Dederich, Mary Schlumpf, Debbie Kimmel, Lenny Kimmel, Meg Latus and Tom Ciskoski. Once again Debbie Kimmel was the clearinghouse who kept track of the tickets during the 6-week sale period and Dan Schwind at Town Bank was the depository for all money collected and stubs turned in.
Helping out the night of the drawing were Herb Gross and Mary Schlumpf at the front table; Diane Matuszak, Greg Mattson, Tim Newman, Shannon Dederich, Larry Hebbring, Tex Reiter, Tom Ciskoski and Dan Schwind at the in-house raffle; Kohl’s volunteers Sara Goesse, Andy Leonard and Keiri Mathias at the ticket table and the prize distribution gang headed up by Del Kreuser and Tony Bawiec.
A word of thanks to members Rog Rogers’ State Farm Insurance, Terry Marcou of Schmidt & Bartelt, Dan Schwind of Town Bank, Matt Hakes of VFI and Barry Landowski of Minuteman Press for their monetary donations.
Of course, gratitude goes to Pete Riopelle and his staff at Village Bowl, who once again put on an excellent display of hospitality at their venue.
Suggestions to improve next year’s event can be made to any of the captains listed above or to me directly.
~ Ed Schlumpf, Packer Raffle Chair
• First prize is a trip for eight people to Lambeau Field to see the Packers play in your choice of nine regular season games. Also included are a luxury limo ride to and from the game, a tailgate party at Lambeau, Packer wearing apparel, food and beverage enroute to Green Bay and $1,000 cash to be used however the winners want. We will provide the limo ride from anywhere in Wisconsin.
• Tickets cost $100 each but remember it’s for eight people. So, four couples could pay $25 each, or eight buddies could chip in $12.50 apiece. However (per state auditor’s directive) only one person’s name can go on the ticket stub.
• Second Prize is $1,000, third prize is $600, fourth prize is $400. Thirteen more awards of $250 will be given and one person will win a free entry for 2022.
• Sales are limited to no more than 350 tickets. Therefore with 18 prizes, contestants have a better than 1 in 20chance of more than doubling their money,
• Each ticket allows one person to come to the drawing and tailgate party held at Village Bowl on Monday, Sept. 13 starting at 5:15 p.m. Over $2,000 in door prizes will be given out to those in attendance that night. Others who have contributed to the purchase of a ticket can attend for $10. Free food, beer and soda make it a fun event.
• When you get your ticket(s) from your captain, please try and sell them. They’re really an easy sell. At least, consider buying one yourself or with a friend. Those you don’t sell should be returned to your captain not passed on to someone else.
• Stubs and money should be returned to your captain or can be turned in to Dan Schwind at Town Bank in the Falls. Deadline for returning stubs, money or unsold tickets is Wednesday, Sept. 1.
• Please write your name on the back of each ticket you buy/sell as it will help us track down the winners.
• Flyers will be distributed at morning meetings or will be available online later this month.
Let us get on board and continue to raise big money for the kids of our community!
Packer Raffle Chair: Ed Schlumpf