- Sunday | July 1, 2018 to Friday | August 31, 2018
- All Day
A GUIDE TO SELLING PACKER RAFFLE TICKETS
- Be sure that your buyer is aware of what the Menomonee Falls Optimist Club is about. We are a Community based Charitable Organization focused on sponsoring youth programs and awarding scholarships to Deserving High School Graduates. 100% of the funds we raise goes back to the kids. Remember our motto: “Friend of Youth”
- Be aware of what the Grand Prize encompasses: Eight tickets to the Packer game of your choice at Lambeau Field Limousine transportation including food and refreshments Packer apparel Tailgate party at Bart Starr Plaza before the game $1,000 cash
- Cash Prizes for winners 2 thru 17: 2nd – $1,000 3rd – $600 4th – $400 5th thru 17th – $250 The 18th winner receives a free entry into next year’s raffle. NOTE: SINCE THERE ARE ONLY 350 TICKETS IN THE RAFFLE THE ODDS OF WINNING a PRIZE ARE 1 in 20 – A great sales pitch!
- Once your buyer knows what he is supporting and asks “how much?” you are ready to collect the $100. If they give you the “too much” response suggest that they split the cost two ways with someone else or four ways with three other couples to cover the eight tickets to the game. The price of a ticket can be as low as $12.50 per person. NOTE: STATE OF WISCONSIN GAMING REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT ONLY ONE PERSON’S NAME CAN APPEAR ON A TICKET. Be sure to let your buyer know this!
- Finally, tell the buyer that the purchase of a raffle ticket includes one free entry to the Tailgate Party and Raffle Drawing on September 10th at Village Bowl starting at 5:15 pm with free beer, soda and buffet. The Drawing will be at 7:30. Door prizes worth over $2,000 in total value will be given to some lucky attendees. The buyer must present his/her ticket at the door for ONE free entry. Anyone else wishing to attend will be asked for a $10.00 donation to the club to help offset the cost of the food and refreshments.
- It’s always easier to sell to someone who has never heard of our contest or entered in the past. Try concentrating on “new” entries.
- Sometimes just going through your list of e-mail address and sending out a blanket letter (with flyer attached) nets new buyers. Ed Schlumpf, committee chair, has gotten seven new customers in the past couple of years, including one from Indiana this year. (Remember we will provide transportation from anywhere in Wisconsin, so out-of-state winners need only to get to our border.)
George Koonce, former Packer Star Linebacker, will be our special guest at the Packer Tailgate on September 10, 2018.
2017 Tailgate photos
Packer Raffle Chair: Ed Schlumpf