- Monday | July 1, 2019 to Wednesday | August 28, 2019
- All Day
Ticket sales for the 23rd annual Luxury Packer Raffle are going on now! Purchase your $100 ticket for a chance to win the 2019 Grand Prize: 8 tickets to Packers home game of your choice including limo ride, tailgate party and Packers apparel and $1000 cash, as well as monetary prizes between $250 – $1000.
Your raffle ticket purchase also gets you in to the Optimist Club’s Tailgate Party on Monday September 9 at Village Bowl where winners are announced. Bob Long, Packers Lombardi era star, will be our guest speaker at the party.
- First Prize is a trip for eight people to Lambeau Field to see the Packers play in your choice of eight regular season games. Also included are a luxury limo ride to and from the game, a tailgate party at Lambeau, Packer wearing apparel, food and beverage enroute to Green Bay, and $1,000 cash to be used however the eight winners want. We will provide the limo ride from anywhere in Wisconsin.
- Tickets cost $100 each, but remember it’s for eight people. So four couples could pay $25 each, or eight buddies could chip in $12.50. However, again this year (per the state auditor’s directive), only one person’s name can go on the ticket stub.
- Second prize is $1,000; Third prize is $600; Fourth prize is $400 Thirteen more prizes of $250 will be given, and one person will win a free entry for 2020.
- Sales are limited to no more than 350 tickets. Therefore, with 18 prizes, contestants have a better than 1 in 20 chance of more than doubling their money.
- Each ticket allows one person to come to the drawing and tailgate party held at the Village Bowl on Monday, Sept. 9 starting at 5:15 p.m. Over $2,000 in door prizes will be given out to those in attendance that night. Others who have contributed to the purchase of the ticket can attend for $10. Free food, beer and soda make it a fun event.
- When you get your ticket(s) from your captain, please try and sell them. They’re really an easy sell. At least, consider buying one yourself or with a friend. Those you don’t sell should be returned to your captain not passed on to someone else.
- Stubs and money should be returned to your captain or can be turned in to Dan Schwind at Town Bank in the Falls. Deadline for turning in stubs, money or unsold tickets is Wednesday, Aug. 28.
- Please write your name on the back of each ticket you sell/buy as it will help us track down the winners.
- You may download the 2019 Flyer here to send or distribute to potential buyers.
– – – – – – – – – – –
Bolstered by the presence of former Packer Pro-Bowler George Koonce and another three Kohl’s volunteers, the 2018 Packer Raffle set a record for profits for the third straight year and the seventh time in the last decade. Final figures showed the event netted $23,803.71 in earnings compared to a projected $22,383.73. The amount was $1,162.48 more than was made in 2017, according to Ed Schlumpf, Raffle Chairperson.
Koonce spoke about his career as a Packer, donated his book as a door prize and autographed miniature footballs for 10 paying fans. Kohls donated $975 to the cause thanks to the additional workers including Optimist members Steve Luehring and Shannon Dederich.
The Grand Prize was won by member Luanne Rambert and her breakfast group who chose to attend the Green Bay-Buffalo game on Sept. 30. Ticket Connections, the broker annually used by the club, was able to move Luanne and her group into seats out of the rain that day.
Lance Gillitzer of West Bend took home second prize of $1,000, Deanna Sommerfield of West Allis got the $600 third prize and the $400 fourth place money went to Joe Eberhardy of Menomonee Falls.
The thirteen $250 winners included Janel Brandtjen, Joe Cappozzo, Porter’s Borders and Dennis Steinle as well as Optimist members Linda Zylka, Ed Veth,and Kay Weber all of the Falls; Bruce LaPointe and Jeff Frailing of Milwaukee; Amy Manion of Fond du Lac; Vicki Wachtl of Hartland; Peter Gross of Colgate; and Heidi McKenna of Richfield.
Winning a free entry for next’s year’s contest was Jim Newman, also from the Falls.
Packer Raffle Chair: Ed Schlumpf