- Friday | November 5, 2021 to Sunday | November 21, 2021
- 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Menomonee Falls Community Education and Recreation Center W152 N8645 Margaret Rd Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Rain, Cold, Snow, Covid & ???—It Must Be Leaf Raking Season!
It seems hard to believe that Summer is winding down, but it’s time to think about autumn and…leaf raking!
What are the benefits?
This event generally results in a donation of $1,500 – $2,000 to the youth groups who volunteer to rake the yards of senior homeowners. Funds come from donations from the homeowners and a matching donation from the Optimist Club. Seniors avoid backbreaking yard clean-up while the volunteers have fun and get rewarded!
How does it work?
Because our 2020 format was well-received by both our homeowners and leaf-raking groups (and created much less stress for the event chairs,) we will use the same approach in 2021. Here are the basics:
• Instead of a single date, leaf raking will happen over a two-week period starting November 6 and ending November 21.
• Volunteer groups will receive their assignments prior to November 6, but will have the option to complete the work when convenient for the group and the homeowner.
• The volunteer group leader will contact the homeowner no later than 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled date.
• The volunteer group leader will call us once the work is complete.
• Donations will be returned to the CE & Rec office by the group leader, or mailed directly from the homeowner.
How can you help?
While we didn’t need them last year, we would like to have a group of Optimist members available to help with trucks or trailers to haul leaves to our drop-off point when necessary. If you have access to a pick-up truck or trailer and can be available during the leaf-raking period, please let us know so we can add you to the list. You will be able to coordinate available dates with the leaf-raking teams if and when they need help.
And, if you are a senior homeowner and would like your yard raked, sign up by calling the CE & Rec Office at (262) 255-8460 by Friday, October 29. They will get you on the list to be contacted by one of the youth groups.
Contact Jason Husslein (414-852-9634) or John Yusko (414-339-2637).
2020 Leaf Raking pics