- Monday | July 1, 2019 to Saturday | August 31, 2019
- All Day
Bolstered by the presence of former Packer Pro-Bowler George Koonce and another three Kohl’s volunteers, the 2018 Packer Raffle set a record for profits for the third straight year and the seventh time in the last decade. Final figures showed the event netted $23,803.71 in earnings compared to a projected $22,383.73. The amount was $1,162.48 more than was made in 2017, according to Ed Schlumpf, Raffle Chairperson.
Koonce spoke about his career as a Packer, donated his book as a door prize and autographed miniature footballs for 10 paying fans. Kohls donated $975 to the cause thanks to the additional workers including Optimist members Steve Luehring and Shannon Dederich.
The Grand Prize was won by member Luanne Rambert and her breakfast group who chose to attend the Green Bay-Buffalo game on Sept. 30. Ticket Connections, the broker annually used by the club, was able to move Luanne and her group into seats out of the rain that day.
Lance Gillitzer of West Bend took home second prize of $1,000, Deanna Sommerfield of West Allis got the $600 third prize and the $400 fourth place money went to Joe Eberhardy of Menomonee Falls.
The thirteen $250 winners included Janel Brandtjen, Joe Cappozzo, Porter’s Borders and Dennis Steinle as well as Optimist members Linda Zylka, Ed Veth,and Kay Weber all of the Falls; Bruce LaPointe and Jeff Frailing of Milwaukee; Amy Manion of Fond du Lac; Vicki Wachtl of Hartland; Peter Gross of Colgate; and Heidi McKenna of Richfield.
Winning a free entry for next’s year’s contest was Jim Newman, also from the Falls.
Special thanks go to many people including….
- Pete Riopel and the Village Bowl staff for the facilities, meal and door prize donation.
- Donors of In-House Raffle prizes: Malkins Flooring, Terry Marcou/Schmidt & Bartelt Funeral Services, Rog Rogers’ State Farm Insurance and Zone 1 Lieutenant Governor Rose Schwartz.
- In addition to the gift certificate from Village Bowl, other door prizes were donated by Dennis Steinle and Main Street Framing in Lannon. Matt Hakes VFI firm covered the cost of the winners’ tailgate party at Lambeau Field. Dan Schwind and Town Bank donated funds to pay for the food and drinks on the winners’ limo trip to Green Bay. Barry Landowski’s Minute Man Press in Germantown printed the flyers at no cost to the club. Rog Rogers State Farm Insurance and Terry Marcou/Schmidt & Bartelt Funeral Services paid for the printing of the tickets.
- Volunteering as auditors, ticket-takers, raffle sellers and door prize coordinators at the Tailgate/Drawing were Herb Gross, Mary Schlumpf, Meg Latus, Dan Schwind, Marcia Hebbring, Jerry Mislang, Del Krueser, JJ Selland, Larry Hebbring, Tom Ciskoski, Greg Mattson, Tim Newman, Diane Matuszak and Shannon Dederich.
- Team captains this year were Tim Newman, Jerry Mislang, Donna Bosch, Dan Schwind, Terry Fitzsimmons, Larry Hebbring, Chad DeLuka, Meg Latus, Del Kreuser, Herb Gross, Carl Trapp, Marcia Hebbring, Diane Matuszak, Steve Fleming, Mary Schlumpf, Tom Ciskoski, me, and Lenny and Deb Kimmel who filled in so admirably after the untimely passing of Joe Ludan and whose names I sadly forgot to mention at the Raffle’s conclusion.
- Once again a big “thank you” to Brenda Foote, a non-club member who sold 16 tickets again at her Water Street Pub in the Falls.
- Finally, without the tireless efforts of co-chair Dan Schwind who coordinated advance tickets sales and handled the final details for the winners’ trip to Lambeau, this huge undertaking would never have reached the record-setting heights that it did.
Packer Raffle Chair: Ed Schlumpf